This will happen if the other side is configured the same as the
Asterisk side.  i.e. PRI CPU mode on both ends or PRI NET mode on both
ends.  This can also happen if the line is in loopback mode at the far end.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near