On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Can FastAGI call FastAGI?

I guess it would be possible using the EXEC agi command to call fastagi(),
but I don't see any advantage.

> The application needs to contact another FastAGI server written in Java
> to lookup various billing information.

I'm not a big fan of Java. I've never used it, I only know it by
reputation :) If the application is just "select and return the values"
the choice of language could be irrelevant. If the application fiddles
with the values or scans through rows or implements a bunch of logic, I'd
vote for C.

C seems obvious to me for daemons like a FastAGI server.

I would focus on clarity and maintainability and then throw more efficient
languages or more hardware at the observed performance problem.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST