Tilghman Lesher wrote:
On Saturday 27 December 2003 16:42, Steven Critchfield wrote:

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 16:28, Ing. Angel Gomez Garcia wrote:

James Sharp wrote:

Hi all.

  Could it be possible that video frame buffering be causing
problems even if the computer is not running X ?

Yes. There are known problems with systems running with either a frame buffer console or a serial console. For best results, run a plain VGA console.

How do I verify that my console is running frame buffering ? and mos important, How do I disable it ? What should I do to run a plain VGA console ?

Is there a penguin in the upper left when it boots, or some other graphic? If so your in a frame buffer. To disable requires recompiling the kernel and removing the option.

Actually, it's even easier than that to disable:

If you're using LILO:
  1) Edit lilo.conf and remove any line that begins with vga=
  2) run /sbin/lilo -v
  3) reboot

Thank you!
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+disable+frame+buffer