I guess there is a variety of opinions on this, some of which relates to the
tools a person is using.  The absolutely most offensive thing to me in a post
is to have to scroll through a bunch of copied original material that I've
already read six times to get to the new part.  My own preference is not to
quote anything other than a short phrase snippet that is directly being replied
to or failing that, at least put the original after the new material for those
who might want it.

I realize that not everyone sees it that way, but maybe it throws a different
perspective in the mix.

Wilton