I did the same thing, without the prefix stuff!

The same error!

   [CC] extconf.c -> extconf.o
In file included from /usr/local/include/datatypes.h:50,
                 from /usr/local/include/err.h:49,
                 from extconf.c:45:
/usr/local/include/integers.h:50:67: error: srtp_config.h: No such file
or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/datatypes.h:50,
                 from /usr/local/include/err.h:49,
                 from extconf.c:45:
/usr/local/include/integers.h:103: error: conflicting types for 'uint64_t'
/usr/include/stdint.h:56: error: previous declaration of 'uint64_t' was here
make[1]: *** [extconf.o] Error 1
make: *** [utils] Error 2
ta...@tux /tmp/asterisk-1.6.0.6 $

What is missing?! I am not getting smart....