i guess the user * looks for is the text within [] so i suppose the username and the text within [] should be same. try putting [nick] in place of [person]. actually, u don't need username as it only looks for the text between [] as username.

cm
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 4:56 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] asterisk sip with voicemail

Hello all,

I have setup my sip.conf so users can register etc in the following format,

[person]

type=friend

username=nick

secret=********

host=dynamic

mailbox=101

in my voicemail.conf I have an entry like

 101 => 1234,Nick Knight,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Leaving a voicemail works fine after I have my dial command time out but on sip clients which display whether voicemail is waiting or not, it always displays “No Voicemail” (pingtel expressa).

It emails them fine and I can call into the voicemail app which says I have new voicemail – but I would like to resolve the sip client issue.

Thanks

Nick