David Backeberg wrote:
> I would ask the question the other way around. Are there any plans for
> Microsoft to release a unified messaging product that will comply with
> SIP over UDP?

I do see your point in a potential (ok who are kidding - real) risk of a
system crash with using MS having full control over your phone system
but, I was thinking  along the lines of using exchange really only as a
messaging system - ie voice mail, email reader. From what I can make out
MS are even going along the lines of doing speech to text with 2010
version (I think it has text to speech already).

I would have to agree that the PBX side of things is held still by
Asterisk and I don't see my view on that changing yet, but, I would
imagine MS would dig their heels in rather than changing exchange. The
Asterisk community, being more open minded to change, could easily(?)
make this work.

Thanks
Wayne.