From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Myles Wakeham
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 10:28 AM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Monitoring Asterisk uptime

We have added Asterisk to a line of 'mission critical' servers at our
business, and being in the web application development business one of
the core things we do is to monitor web server availability.

I'd like to add Asterisk to the servers that our monitoring systems are
handling, and also that our SIP trunk provider has our Asterisk system
correctly registered at all times.

What are the 'best practice' tricks used for monitoring an Asterisk
phone system for uptime and SIP registration from an external monitoring
server?  I can certainly ping the box, but I really need more than this.
  I need to know if the Asterisk service is running, and also that there
hasn't been any issues with SIP registration to our external trunks.

If anyone could share how they are doing this sort of thing, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Myles
--