On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Elliot Murdock wrote:

Hello Gordon!

Thanks...it works now.

How did you notice that it needed input from the keyboard?

Experience. (Of being a unix/linux user/sysadmin for 25+ years)

I ran:

  dsx# rasterisk -x 'sip show peers' > /tmp/foo &
  [1] 8172
  dsx#

Then hit 'enter' again to get it's termination message, but I got:

  [1]+  Stopped                 rasterisk -x 'sip show peers' >/tmp/foo

experience tells me that when a job does that, it's waiting on keyboard input. I then typed:

  dsx# fg

and it completed with what I expected in the first place:

  rasterisk -x 'sip show peers' >/tmp/foo

Do you think I should make the developers aware of this issue?

I suspect it's a side-effect of the keyboard/screen initialisation, but I've not looked at the code. ...

Hm. I just have (looked at the code) - maybe possible to not initialise the terminal stuff if -x is passed, but who knows... At least you have a solution now!

Gordon

Thanks,
Elliot

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Gordon