Hello,

This changed years ago, and originally it was the 'p' dial option(for
"preserve" CallerID). The reason we are told for the change was for
calls being transferred within a company that originated on outside
lines, so that you would know who the transfer was coming from.  I
didn't understand it either, but there it is.

MATT---