I'm afraid I can't be much help as I am both a newbie and it works just
fine for me on 1.6.1.6.  Of course, mine was a fresh installation.

Is there anything in the logs to give you a clue? You see the wav files
but do you see the files encoded for the codecs you are using? I think
Asterisk will transcode on the fly but I'm not sure.  Sorry - John

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 11:52 +0300, Cyprus VoIP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We posted the question below yesterday, but got no answer from the
> community.
>
> When we checked the same behavior with Asterisk 1.2, we got the "Started
> music on hold, class..." message on the console, but in 1.6, we get
> absolutely nothing.
>
> I tried to unload and reload the moh module and everything seems normal,
> but Asterisk still doesn't respond in the console to the HOLD action,
> represented by the INVITE message. the call itself is being placed on
> hold and can be retrieved, but the audio file is not played and the held
> party hears only a silence.
>
> If anyone knows how to debug/fix it, your help would be HIGHLY
> appreciated. We're really stuck.
>
> Thank you all in advance.

John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation