On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Trevor Benson <tben...@a-1networks.com> wrote:
> Its called speechbackground.  from asterisk console type 'core show
> applications speech' (and hit the tab key) these are the speech applications
> used.  Speechbackground being similar to background.

Thanks, Trevor, Steve, and Alex.  I should have been clearer about
what I want to do.  I want to play a sound file while listening for
*either* speech *or* DTMF input.  Either should affect control flow.
Think "for customer service, press or say 2."  Is there any way to do
this?

My second constraint is that I want to do this within a single AGI
script.  I'd prefer using AGI commands rather than EXEC'ing dialplan
applications like Background and speechbackground, but I guess I can
use apps if I need to.

Thanks again,