Sandesh-

> I tried using some music on hold (music) files, when I test it with normal
> SIP phone its clear and good, but when I call from my cell phone or POTS
> line it sounds a bit scratchy/static and not clear at all, is there any
> software that i need to install in the asterisk system to make this music on
> hold clear when using music files? (Where as the commercial that we record
> from the phone and use it as message on hold then its clear when the call is
> on hold, since its recording is compatible with asterisk: 8000Hz, 16 bits
> PCM encoded).
> My versions of asterisk: 1.4.18.1.

Is there any difference in your POTS line vs. cell quality?  As you may know,
cell phones typically use some type of
voice codec (GSM-AMR, EVRC, etc) that can reduce quality of non-speech audio
(e.g. music).

But the POTS line should sound fine, unless you sent it first through a carrier
IP route using compression (such as
G729).

-Jeff