All,

I am toying with an idea of using an AGI to be able to 'call' my phone, or phones, in case of severe weather warnings. I have been tinkering with a script that reads from weather underground for the forecast, based off a PHP version of a weather AGI I found on the net. It seems rather trivial to have the AGI as a script, that does nothing unless a condition is met, and then call out, with a TTS synthesized read out of the warning, or error seen. I would like to know if anyone has done this before and what they used to get the warning for their area's. I haven't a very clear idea of how to parse properly XML data in either python or perl, but I have templates of what did work (until formats changed, StormSiren being a python module I used for sms). Also if I ever get anything to work, and anyone is interested I can share my code.

Regards,
Seann Clark