Greetings all-

I have a handful of Asterisk 1.4.x installations where users dial 'outbound
calls' to the PSTN even though the destination is on the same Asterisk box or
on another Asterisk box on the same network. Instead of paying twice for the
call to go out to the PSTN on one channel and back in on another channel, I'd
like the ability to lookup the destination number in a MySQL database and if
found, change the way the call is routed. The call routing update could be as
simple as issuing a Goto() to change contexts or priorities in the current
context.

I think AGI is what I need, specifically PHP-AGI. Maybe I'm overthinking and
AGI isn't needed. Can someone give thoughts on this or any pointers or examples?

--Tim