Please note that I don't claim myself a guru, just happened to be working with
Asterisk for some good number of years, so probably know some stuff better than
others.
As for the number of lines, 1800 lines will come down to 1000 lines using AEL
but not the opposite.
When I'll be back home, hopefully tomorrow, after a beautiful tour (my first)
of New York city, I'll start writing some blogs on AEL. I guess an IVR example
could be a good point to start, as it is enough complicated in itself.

Zeeshan A Zakaria
--

Sounds great. A confbridge example would be very welcome to me (just to
contribute a personal wish) :-)

Oliver