Do you have freepbx anywhere it always tries to connect -- via a socket
I think and it usually uses the manager, so if you disable the manager
it will break things.  Also take the port stanza off of the tcpdump and
you will soon see what is connecting.  You will get other stuff, but
this will tell you.

Dan Journo <d...@keshercommunications.com> wrote:

> > Some service is definitely connecting to your asterisk using AMI. Such
> > services use username/password described in manager.conf. Usually its is
> > some monitoring service. Although the message says 'remote UNIX connection'
> > but it can be very well something from localhost. I would suggest to use
> > tcpdump to find out the IP of this service. AMI uses TCP port 5038.
>
> I ran the following command and waited for the cli to show the "remote unix
> connection" message a few times.
>
> [r...@sip2 ~]# tcpdump port 5038 -w tcpdump.log -s0
>
> tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 65535
> bytes
>
> The result was....
>
> 0 packets captured
>
> 0 packets received by filter
>
> 0 packets dropped by kernel
>
> Therefore, it seems like nothing is connecting to the AMI?
>
> Also, in manager.conf.... enabled=no
>
> Any other ideas? Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan