On 5 Nov 2010, at 15:04, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>              My production box with my DAHDI cards is a 1.4.26 build.  I have
> 3 test machines that I do IAX communication with.
> Machine 1 is a real Dell POWEREDGE 1500 running CENTOS running 1.4.30.
> Machine 2 is a SUSE 11.1 VM running 1.4.30.  Machine 3 is another SUSE 11.1
> VM running 1.8.0.   I can SIP into all 4 machines and life is great.  When I
> try to IAX from the live machine to Machine 3, I get lags/pauses on
> Background/Playback commands.  I play files and groups of files that last
> from 1-45 seconds, so I can press keys and proceed, but I don’t expect my
> end-users to know to do this.  Any clues?  Do I need to open a tracker issue
> on this one?
>
> Thanks
> Danny Nicholas
> --

There is an open bug on this - or something very like it -
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18110
The work around seems to be to set

internal_timing = yes

 in asterisk.conf

and

noload => res_timing_dahdi.so
;noload => res_timing_pthread.so
noload => res_timing_timerfd.so

in modules.conf

Which forces asterisk to use the (older less efficient/accurate) pthreads timer.

The bug looks to be being worked on, so I'm optimistic it will be fixed soon.

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk