On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Jonas Kellens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Snom, Cisco, Grandstream & YeaLink phones.
>
> Is there a way to push a centralized phone book to these phones ??

Grandstreams support an XML format phone book download - it would susprice
me if the others didn't, but I've no 1st hand experience of them.

So you'd need to get some central process to generate the phone books for
each type of phone then arrange the phones to download ther own phonebook.

Alternatively, use a programmable PBX such as Asterisk to maintain the
phone book centrally for you - have it update the name field for incoming
calls and allow it to take a short-code for outbound speed-dialling -
which can be accessed via a web interface to the PBX in a click to dial
sort of thing.

Well, that's what I do anyway. It's better than mucking about downloading
phone books to all the different types of phones.

Gordon