-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gilles
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 3:21 AM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Base memory usage

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 23:53:04 -0500, Jeremy Kister
<asterisk...@jeremykister.com> wrote:
>I've got just about everything turned on via menuselect, but then i have
>a bunch of modules turned off via modules.conf

Incidently, is there a sure-fire way (eg. checking error messages in
Asterisk's log file) to know which modules a given Asterisk setup
needs, so we can safely not load unneeded modules?

Check /var/log/asterisk/full from your last 1.6 startup.  The list of
modules from there should be what you "need" in 1.8.