Hi,

On 01/02/2011 10:46 PM, Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 00:10 +0000, Sebastian wrote:
Hi,

One possibility that you might want to explore is OpenVPN. If your VoIP
clients support OpenVPN (either through a local Openvpn client on the
clients network being used as an OpenVPN gateway, or through individual
clients supporting OpenVPN (laptops with softphones, or I've heard of
one particular hardphone supporting OpenVPN - but can't remember which).

afaicr, snom supports vpn.
Though probaby just plain setup, no special configs like load
balancing/H.A.

Thanks for that - it does seem that the phone I was thinking of was a Snom.

Looking at these instructions for setting up OpenVPN on the Snom 370 phone:

http://wiki.snom.com/Networking/Virtual_Private_Network_%28VPN%29

lower down, in one of the the vpn.cnf which is the config file for the phone, the "remote random" directive actually is specified - which is the load balancing mechanism used by OpenVPN. So it does seem to support it.

Sebastian