Some more info on this weirdness....

Seems that if I play any audio out from Asterisk first the problem goes away.
its almost like the entire audio engine isn't being 'initialized' or something
on those direct calls.  I found that if I execute a Swift(Please Wait) before I
call the Dial command in my extensions, then it plays the ringing tone as
expected.  But if I receive a call, and then try and have it transferred
directly to a phone extension via a Dial command (which used to work perfectly
well), the calling party never hears a ringing tone.  But if I play some audio
purposely before, then it rings....

Myles