On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Gilles wrote:

Hello

I read a whole book on OpenVPN, but still can't figure how to
configure the server + client so that the the client connects and
sends SIP/RTP data through the tunnel.

To get started, I'd rather use a shared key instead of X509
(certificates + keys). The server is running on a uClinux appliance,
with /dev/net/tun, and OpenVPN is 2.0.9. The clients will be Windows
hosts connecting through Ethernet in hotels or public wifi hotspots.

Are you sure that your uClinux system can actually handle the load of the VPN encryption? If it doesn't have a hardware crypto chip then I'd be very wary of it.

And you might just want to make your own life easier - and not use the appliance for the VPN endpoint, but something else - e.g. Draytek 2820 (or a 2900 equivalent) and then the clients can use bog-standard Microsoft pptp. You might save yourself a whole load of grief that way.

Gordon