We are getting a lot of calls identified as "Asterisk" or "out of area" in
the middle of the night.

>From other posts on the list, I have assumed these are null Caller ID calls
and Asterisk is plugging in pseudo ID.   Is that correct?

It seems to me that Asterisk should simply say "no caller ID" or "No ID" or
something besides "Asterisk".

In any case, we are trying to filter them with little success.

When we do a LEN(CALLERID(num) we get "13", when we expect "10"

The call pattern is 1 call followed by a second abut 1 minute later followed
by 1 about 10 minutes later.

Does anyone have any ideas to contribute?

Thanks

Cary