On 28 Feb 2011, at 10:33, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> The problem I have been experiencing since last month is that some of my
> customers are getting calls with "Asterisk <Unknown>" caller id. Most of them
> in the middle of the night. And my asterisk server has no record of these
> calls. The customers were getting irritated as you can imagine. I guessed the
> only way to receive incoming calls by by-passing the registration server is
> thru sip-uri calls directly to customers. I have updated the customers atas
> to not accept any calls from sources other than the registration server.
> Thats all fine now. But the question is how can anyone know the direct sip
> uri addresses of our customers.

'asterisk security' is a misleading subject line. Guessing someone just scanned
some IP addresses and made calls. You need what's called a 'firewall'.

> My guess is that someone has been sniffing my server's sip traffic. In that
> case what should i do to get rid of the sniffers?

It's hard to sniff without being on a network. Most likely they brute forced
something?.. Get a firewall, and something to look for brute force attacks.