Hi,
I have been working on a project with asterisk and kamailio. I would prefer using kamailio because i have personally met with the developers and it has more active users and rapid developments. The developers are also very friendly and helpful. And well open ser is not gone, the name is changed to kamailio I guess. It had a fork, but now they have merged together.

Thank You
Amit Nepal
Systems Administrator
Phoenix Internet