Rich,

If the Mediatrix uses the Caller-ID field to select which channel to use, then you really have no
choice but to do that. As you pointed out, the Caller-ID info is not (and cannot) be passed to
the PSTN line.

Rich Adamson wrote:

Possible Mediatrix 1204 fxo sip gateway workaround

Need some feedback from experienced * users relative to this workaround
please please please.

Problem: The mediatrix 4-port fxo gateway does not provide any mechanism
for * to select which "port" an outbound pstn call will use. (See lots
of previous posts over the past four days for more detail if needed.)

Our reseller has been working with Mediatrix to find a way for *
to send pstn calls to a specific port number on their 1204 4-port fxo sip gateway. The proposed work around (below) sets a unique-but-well-known CallerID prior to sending the call to the 1204, and the 1204 filters on the CallerID sending the outbound call to the designated port. (The 1204
_does_ have such filtering/routing capability.)

Since this unique callerid is _never_ forwarded to the US pstn providers,
does anyone see any technical or management problem with using this approach
both in the short and long term???

I'm thinking this is an acceptable workaround since it does not require
micro-managing the dialplan, the 1204, etc. In my case, I'm not very concerned
with scaling the solution since we could only hope business would increase
to the point where four additional pstn analog lines were needed. ;)
(FWIW, a 3,congestion statement can be added to the proposed statements.)

Thoughts anyone?
Rich

Ok, you need to use the net2pstnsourcefilter  to make this work. In this
example you need to set port 1 to 1111, 2 to 2222, 3 to 3333, 4 to 4444 .
Then with the extension configuration below, and number starting with 9 will
go to port 1 with the 9 removed from the string sent. Any number starting
with 8 will be sent to port 2 with the 8 removed from the string sent and so
on. It works like a charm on my 1204.

[SIP]
exten => _9.,1,SETCIDNUM(1111)
exten => _9.,2,Dial,SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

exten => _8.,1,SETCIDNUM(2222)
exten => _8.,1,Dial,SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

exten => _7.,1,SETCIDNUM(3333)
exten => _7.,2,Dial,SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

exten => _6.,1,SETCIDNUM(4444)
exten => _6.,2,Dial,SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED]