Stephen R. Besch wrote:

I just fetched today's cvs (1/30/04 11:10:31). Compiles/installs on my test machine (ASUS A7V, 900 MHZ). However, If I try to compile on my production machine (Elite K7S5A, 2.4GHz, 512MB) while * is running the zaptel and asterisk compiles seg fault. I am assuming that they will compile correctly if I bring down * and rmmod the zaptel driver. 0.7.1 compiled and is now running.

Is there a way to safely compile while * is running, so that I can minimize down time of the server?

Here's the update on the seg fault problems. After "bad" memory was suggested, I checked to see what memory the tech who assembled the machine had used. I don't know why, but the module was not in the recommended list for the MOBO at Crucial.com. I ordered one of the recommended modules. It arrived this morning. I installed it and all of the seg faults are gone. I've learned my lesson. Next time, I will assemble my own machine! Thanks again for all the help.

Stephen R. Besch