Danny Nicholas wrote:
Hi list,
        I've been beating my head for about 3 days on this one.  I have
Asterisk 1.4.41 installed using openh323.  As long as I'm inside my
firewall, everything is hunky-dory.  When I move to server on another
subnet, I'm still able to connect, but no longer have sound.  Any good
pointers or suggestions?

Thanks
Danny Nicholas

I had a similar problem once while using ooh323 with Asterisk 1.4.XX.

What I did was to use the most recent version of H323plus with Asterisk and got better results with chan_h323.

As (AFAIK) OpenH323 was renamed to H323plus, and several improvements has been made to it, you might want to take a look at it.

Note: if you are building Asterisk from source, then the source expects a very old version of OpenH323 and PTLib.

You can take a look to the tasks performed by these scripts:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2011-January/258119.html
to see how to compile Asterisk with the latest version of H323Plus and PTlib.

If you need any additional information about the scripts, just let me know.

Regards,

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eSlackware.com