Hi,

I can't figure out a way of achieving what I want to do with the voicemail feature. I thought I'd ask here to see if there are any creative solutions that I have not considered.

What I want to do is have a message that says "Press 1 for Dick, or 2 for Jane". Then, depending on which number is pressed, have the caller sent to the appropriate voicemail box. I know how to do that without any problem.

I want to keep repeating that message after a timeout, i.e. not send the caller to a default voicemail box if nothing is pressed. I can handle that also.

However, I want to record what is "said" during that time and send it to a third voicemail box once the caller hangs up without having pressed 1 or 2. I want this ability in order to handle "robot callers". I'm not interested in most robot calls, but sometimes they contain useful information ("school closures", "your order is ready ..." etc.). The problem is if I just timeout and send the caller to a 3rd mailbox I will usually have lost the beginning of the message, and I don't want a short timeout because I want someone to be able to listen to the prompt and make a proper choice (if they're not a robot).

Any ideas? Is this possible?

Thanks,

John