On 11/05/11 11:39 AM, Sherwood McGowan wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Nic Colledge <n...@njcolledge.net
<mailto:n...@njcolledge.net>> wrote:

    +1 I agree with all of this.

    Just wanted to add that there’s another good reason for not
    contacting people off-list and that is when you do so you leave no
    record of your conversation that others can use in future to solve
    the same problem.

    You can learn a lot just by reading the archives.

Very good point Nic! Oh and thanks for the +1...Usually when I get on a
rant, I piss everyone off ;-)

+1 from me too. The other thing is that when you answer to say the problem has been solved this goes into the archives meaning that people can use Google to answer their own questions rather than having to even ask the list.

There have been times when I've searched for a solution to a problem, found like 10 answers, and nobody has said whether they work or not so you have to try all of them.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)