Thank you Alec,

I needed some confirmation that it wasn't something I was doing. I can live without pickupsound, and the bug is already reported - so it's all good.

Sebastian

On 21/06/11 00:29, Alec Davis wrote:
This has been fixed only last month, see
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18654 and try bug18654.diff.txt
That will avoid the deadlock, but it's not the proper fix, there are other
issues that could trip you up,
mainly to do with race conditions with multiple channels picking up the same
ringing extensions.

Alec Davis

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of
Sebastian Arcus
Sent: Tuesday, 21 June 2011 11:10 a.m.
Subject: [asterisk-users] "pickupsound = beep" kills call
pickup in Asterisk1.8.4.2

I have discovered that if I enable pickupsound = beep in
features.conf, if I try to do a pickup with *8, the calling
channel keeps on ringing, while the phone where I pick-up
from shows that the call has been answered (I don't know
where though). Also, it seems to completely bugger up my
outgoing IAX trunk (I really can't see the connection, as I'm
doing pick-up for a SIP channel). I can only shut Asterisk
down with killall asterisk -s9 - nothing else works.

I've tried starting the console with asterisk -rvvvvvv - but
there is nothing unusual there.

Could someone please confirm this behaviour on their box,
before I go and submit a bug - in case I am doing something wrong?

As soon as I comment out "pickupsound = beep" - everything
works just fine and I can do call pickup with *8.

Sebastian