On 07/31/2011 07:22 AM, Pezhman Lali wrote:

Dear,
with asterisk 1.6.2.18 and sccp-bv3stable on two servers, we tried to
register about 1200 cisco phones, for a company.
in out of official hours, all 1200 phones registered and the cpu and ram
was below 5%.

In my experience, registering a Cisco phone was never an issue with sccp but it is hardly a test to see if it works.

H323 is the protocol for incoming calls, and SIP for outgoing ones.

I'm not sure what the state of chan_h323 is in Asterisk so you should ask around if there is anyone who uses chan_h323 in production and how reliable it is. Or hire a consultant to fix your problems. As far as I know the original developer of chan_h323 has not touched the code in a long time and no longer maintains it.

in official hours, with only 10 calls, the cpu went more than 100% , and
crashed.
the bt full result of gdb was attached

I am not a developer so can't tell you what is going wrong. According to the chan_h323 README you need PWLib 1.10.0 and you are using 1.10.3.

I have some questions now,
1-is any problem in the attached report.
2-does asterisk 1.4 more stable than 1.6 in this case?

Can't you test Asterisk 1.4 and see if that works? Also did you try the other h.323 channel driver (chan_ooh323) which is part of asterisk add-ons? For Asterisk 1.6 you can find it here:
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/asterisk-addons-1.6.2.3.tar.gz

Should Asterisk not be the proper solution for your customer's situation then maybe get a dedicated h.323 <--> sip gateway or have a look at FreeSWITCH or Yate.

Even if the h.323 part works flawlessly then make sure you test the sccp part very thoroughly. I have only experience with sccp v2 but have never seen that work reliably.

Regards,
Patrick