actually Bilal,
the Asteirsk CDR reports are placed on a different Database than the
configurations .. you will need to install asterisk-addons which includes a
module for cdr reporting to MYSQL DB. so you don't have to do the configs from
the DB at all
second.. in regards to the Flash Operator Panel you can have a look at a demo
here:
http://www.asternic.org/demo.php
its a nice web interface gives you a live look at your call center .. who is
active who is idle .. how many in Queue .. who is online and who is offline..
what trunks are busy ... etc

third: theoretically you can set all Asterisk boxes to load from one database
server (never done it myself).. actually it's one of the methods used for
redundancy (somebody correct me if i'm wrong?). my only concern is with DB
Management systems there is what we call it "LOCK" where a process locks the
whole db or a part or it in order to do it's manipulation.. so i'm not sure if
the database will be "locked" by one of the asterisk boxes when writing to it?
which prevents the rest from writing to it at the same time?
regards

Tarek Sawah

Information Technology  Adviser

Integrated Digital Systems