On 01/06/2012 05:00 PM, Tom Poe wrote:
Just installed asterisknow 1.6. I can access freepbx. I need to test
system on my LAN. Which softphone is best to use? I'm running ubuntu on
Dell optiplex G260 desktop at home. I'm hoping to setup basic IP PBX for
incoming/outgoing calls. No video.
Tom

We came down to linphone and qutecom. linphone echo canceller was a modest plus.

But what really made us choose linphone was you use it on android/iphone.

That has been a huge plus. As a bonus, you can use any degegistered smartphone - that is, one not hooked up to the cellular network,only wireless - as a softphone.

sean