The codec issues with different services and sip phone are the most complicated and trusting experience when using Voip services.

I had been able to connect to FWD behind a firewall by using Iaxtel using g729. Just recently, about a week, every time I tried to call FWD, the connection simply timed out. The console message says the circuit is busy. Or every one is busy at the moment.

However, when I change the codec of the connect to GSM. The connection is back to normal. It may be due to changes to Iaxtel or their G729 licence runs out of capacity.

When I fiddled the iax.conf file, in the [iaxtel] section, I specified
disallow=all
allow=gsm
disallow=g729

it still does not work. then I have it change the [general] section as well
disallow=all
allow=gsm
disallow=g729

It then works. Is there any logical explanation to this.

I wonder.

--
David Kwok

Iaxtel/FWD # 17001813482 ext 1002