On 14/03/2012 5:18 AM, Mike Diehl wrote:
So I'm still trying to get this to work... (I'm top posting, but the details
are below, if you want/need background info)

I'd like Asterisk to detect incoming faxes and redirect them elsewhere.  The
details aren't important, as long as I get the detection working.

I've added this to my sip.conf file.  Probably overkill, but I'll tune it once
it works:

[general]
faxdetect=both

My sip registrations are all in a Mysql RT database, so I added this column to
my table:

faxdetect char(3) default 'no'

I've set faxdetect to 'yes' for the devices that I expect to be receiving fax
calls.

I did a sip reload from the console after adding and updating this column.

I've added a fax extension to the appropriate context in extensions.conf:
exten =>  fax,1,noop(I hear a fax!)

Since most of my dialplan is in an AGI script, I've added this to the code
that handles my test number:

$main::agi->answer();
$main::agi->exec("ringing");
$main::agi->exec("wait","5");

So, now that all of this is in place, I call the extension from my fax
machine... and I don't get any indication on the console that Asterisk heard a
fax.  My extension simply rings and I answer it.

What am  missing?

In your peer config set directmedia=no and faxdetect=cng, Asterisk needs to be in the path to hear the CNG tones.

Larry.