Just to confirm, I try to load a 32 bits g729 binary and asterisk doesn't
load it and complain about it:

[Apr 18 12:38:50] WARNING[2033] loader.c: Error loading module
'codec_g729a.so':
 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_g729a.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
[Apr 18 12:38:50] WARNING[2033] loader.c: Module 'codec_g729a.so' could not
be l
oaded.