On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 07:39, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
> When dialing out, will a call be established significantly faster by an
> ISDN adapter such as an Eicon Diva server compared to an analogical FXO
> such as Digium's X100P ?

Analog, nothing logical there.

ISDN will be faster dialing out as you will communicate with asterisk
via the dialpad where you want to be connected too, and if you are on a
analog line, asterisk will repeat the digits to the telco switch in
analog just like you did but at a specific cadence. Since a DTMF digit
is around 450 to 800 msec, and in that time frame you can transfer all
the call setup information digitally, the call could be setup in the
equivalent of a single digits time, let alone the next 6-10 digits.

Incoming, the calls are again signaled digitally and acknowledged with
the switch in less time than it takes to make the first half of a ring.
On analog you will want to wait till the second or third ring to get the
CallerID, but it was there to start with on the ISDN call.

On my PRI line, calls are answered and prompts played without a single
ring event being heard by the caller.
--
Steven Critchfield  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>