Are you certain that this wouldn't be an issue if the phones had low
re-registration intervals?  Historically, I've seen the Asterisk registrar
faceplant with throughput in excess of 5-7 registrations/sec, though I have no
idea as to whether that holds true of newer releases.

--
This message was painstakingly thumbed out on my mobile, so apologies for
brevity and errors.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave