Hi All...

I am using Asterisk successfully in my small office as a fairly ordinary PBX. I am quite happy with it.

I have a friend who needs to build a call center. The call center will be used to take orders. I have two big questions.

First, can Asterisk be configured accept calls on a bunch of incoming lines, answering with a greeting and telling the person that they will be transferred to the next available operator. Then, can it watch all the extensions, and route the calls to these extensions on a first in, first out basis? Can operators somehow tell Asterisk they are ready for another call or are on break?

Second, could I use a VoIP service instead of BRI lines? I experimented with iConnect quite a while ago, and the biggest problem I had with it was that I could only have one line of iConnect. I expect the software has improved since then.

Thanks!

Jim