On 05/23/2012 08:41 PM, Cody Harris wrote:
Hello All,
I use IAX2 as the incoming connection from my DID provider.  For
whatever reason, this works best for me, SIP connections lag very
frequently and only have about a 50% success rate for incoming calls
(they get dropped mysteriously).

I'm trying to implement a fax/voice switch.  I have faxdetect=both in my
sip.conf, and when I use sip, it works well.  However, from what I can
tell, there's no such option for IAX2 connections.

Any ideas on what I can do here, or am I out of luck?

It's quite hard to provide suggestions since we don't know what version of Asterisk you are using. However, in Asterisk 10, there is a channel-agnostic FAX detection function that can be applied to any channel type, so at a minimum that is one way to solve your problem.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming