> You might want to check/compare disk-io & throughput on your G5 vs G7.
> Just a thought....

Thanks Hans, I will do some disk benchmarking just in case.  I do know
that I/O wait on the G7s has been an order of magnitude less than the
G5s under the same load so I *think* the fancier raid device and
faster disks are doing their job.

Since I disabled Asterisk cdrs completely, the problem has gone away.
And I'm now on Asterisk 1.8.14.1 which appears to not crash like
1.8.12 did.

I'm going to try and recreate the problem without any of my AGI code
(just Asterisk extension B2BUA calling and CDRs enabled to default CSV
settings).

I'm guessing that perhaps there might be an Asterisk performance issue
writing to that flat file.