Stefan at WPF wrote:
Thank you Doug, but if I don't understand things wrong, you are not using adaptive ODBC?

No, I'm not.

I meanwhile found out that things work when I manually create the columns. Just wondering, is there any official specifications for the default columns, e.g. which datatype they shall have and so on?

Also, I am getting this errors:

        [Aug 19 20:36:11] WARNING[2386]: res_odbc.c:601
        ast_odbc_direct_execute: SQL Execute error! Verifying
        connection to asterisk [asterisk-connector]...

        [Aug 19 20:36:11] ERROR[2386]: cdr_odbc.c:162 odbc_log: CDR
        direct execute failed

It looks like it's failing to connect. I have had issue in the past, where connecting to a mysql database via 127.0.0.1 would work, where as using localhost would fail. And some times, where neither would work and I had to use the real IP address of the machine.

Maybe this is one of those cases?

Have you verified that your odbc setup is working properly for other queries?

This may be helpful:

http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/linux.html#testing_dsns_unixodbc

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."