 From: "David Cook" <dbc_aster...@advan.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:04 PM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Trigger Asterisk after data inserted in
mysql

It looks like the answer is yes.

http://crazytechthoughts.blogspot.ca/2011/12/call-external-program-from-mysq
l.html

>From the page, here is code to execute a UDF library and call a shell.
Clearly there would be a heavy penalty to launching a shell so you would
want to carefully evaluate the frequency this is executed on your system.

DELIMITER @@   CREATE TRIGGER Test_Trigger  AFTER INSERT ON MyTable  FOR
EACH ROW  BEGIN  DECLARE cmd CHAR(255);  DECLARE result int(10);  SET
cmd=CONCAT('sudo /home/sarbac/hello_world ','Sarbajit');  SET result =
sys_exec(cmd); END; @@ DELIMITER ;

  -dbc

 Message: 1 Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:41:46 -0400 From: Ahmed Munir
<ahmedmunir...@gmail.com> Subject: [asterisk-users] Trigger Asterisk after
data inserted in        mysql To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com Message-ID:
        <CAGMN=JdbE5FdDSQXxZ9OrWXu3Pvgc-hj-EnPxUrG=rjhgsd...@mail.gmail.com>
know, is there a way to trigger Asterisk after data inserted into mysql DB?
Like here what I'm trying to do, when the new data inserted into MySQL DB,
it sends the request to Asterisk along with the new data (that is inserted
in DB) for making outbound call i.e. Realtime.  Currently I've set a cron
job that execute my script every 30 seconds and checks for a new data in
DB. If new data is inserted in 30 seconds that script will run and sends
the data to Asterisk for making calls. (This is the case which I'm thinking
to avoid)  Please advise.