On 27/09/12 09:01 PM, Patrick Archibald wrote:
Is there a way to move 100 .call files in to
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ at once and have Asterisk call at
maximum 10 at a time?
<snip>
I can certainly write a program to limit the number of simultaneous
outgoing calls but before I do that I thought I would ask if there is
another solution.

Generally the preferred method when you're doing this programatically anyways is to use an external script through the Asterisk Manager Interface to generate your calls.

Luckily, Russell Bryant has recently create an amioriginate.py[0] script which he's using as an example in the upcoming Asterisk: The Definitive Guide 4e book.

[0] https://github.com/russellb/amiutils

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk