John Wolthuis wrote:
Hello All,

Hola,

I am trying to debug an odd issue.  I have two UACs that are sending
INVITEs to my asterisk 1.8 server.   I want to start authenticating
these incoming invite requests with digest auth.  The UACs are not
registered and I am using host ip to match them with a sip.conf peer.
  The issue I am seeing is that an incoming invite matches a specific
peer (by host ip), but refuses to use the "username" parameter value
for digest auth, it will only use the peer name.  I see the following
error:

"chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have<node-a>, digest has<test>"

The "username" configuration option isn't for what you are trying to use it for. The peer name is used in all cases. The various options (defaultuser, authuser) control outgoing session details.

Is there some reason you need them to be different?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp