It would be nice (for me anyway) if the mailing list and forum were combined. Google Groups does this nicely I believe.

Mitch

On 01/02/2013 08:53 AM, Eric Wieling wrote:
I don't use forums as my web browser can't automatically filter the messages
for me like my e-mail program can.

I stopped participating in the mailing list when it became clear most of the
questions were about FreePBX.  That seems to have died down a little in recent
years.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Danny Nicholas
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:45 AM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Users list email totals by year .

From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Doug Lytle
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:09 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

So where has every body else gone?

Still here, but mature working systems, still running 1.4.x

Doug

As the thread said earlier (I think it was Shaun), the response mechanism has
moved a good bit into the forums.  The users list still is functional for folks
who want to contribute but don’t keep a browser window open to monitor the
forums. P.S. since the world has now turned twice, Happy New Year to anyone
reading.