Asterisk 11

Occasionally we will have a partial power outage, or a piece of network equipment will fail, and our queue agents who are on active calls with callers will be disconnected from the caller. What I'd like to do is capture those calls and put them back in the queue (at a high priority) so that we don't lose the caller.

I've tried to duplicate the situation in my lab: I have one agent in the queue, a caller dials into the queue, gets connected to the agent then I pull the ethernet cable out of the agent's computer (testing with a softphone) but I don't see anything happen on the asterisk console. core show channels shows the 2 channels still bridged even though the agent is gone.

Shouldn't asterisk somehow know when the agent disappears?
How can I accomplish my goal?

--

Mitch