>All depends by the number of sip peers and the number of addition/deletion you
>make. If you have static files, you have to "sip reload" every time you
>add/remove a peer. With realtime is all "realtime". I have switched to
>realtime peers some times ago with great benefit.

However, there are limitations with realtime. For example, I've noticed that if
two asterisk servers share the database, often they both think that the peer is
registered. Also the issues with MWI and Qualify=

If I automatically generate sip.conf and automatically issue "sip reload" when
needed, I can get the same functionality as realtime without the issues
described above.

Have I missed something?

Thanks
Dan